Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
BSSR invites submissions from researches in the area of law, political sciences, sociology and economy seen in the context of the Balkan, with an emphasis on matters of theory and on broad issues arising from the relationship of wider social science disciplines encouraging interdisciplinary approach in areas of relevance.
The fee for publication is beared by the Publisher. The hole procedure of submiting and peer review process is cost-free for the author.
All papers submitted and suggested for publication in Balkan Social Science Review are subject to peer-review. This journal operates a double blind review process, which means the identities of the authors are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa. Papers deemed suitable are sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. A peer review template is filled by the reviewers and it is consisted of rating scales the editor deems most useful for determining scientific merit, originality, and scope of the work, indicating ways to improve it and recommending acceptance or rejection. The editors are responsible for the decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles. The editors’ decision is final.
The time frame for the peer review process for manuscripts submitted for the issue published June:
- Notification on acceptance/no acceptance and peer reviews by June 1.
- Final version submission June 15.
- Online publication of the issue June 25
- Printed publication of the issue in September.
The time frame for the peer review process for manuscripts submitted for the issue published in December
- Notification on acceptance/no acceptance and peer reviews by December 1.
- Final version submission December 15.
- Online publication of the issue December 25
- Printed publication of the issue in February.
Author's are asked to sign Author's Statement and to send it along with the final version submission. Under the full moral and substantive responsibility, the author needs to decleare that the paper:
- Is a result of individual research conducted in an ethical and responsible manner that comply with the relevant legislation
- The results are presented, honestly and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation
- The paper has not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere
Also, the author is required to agree with the following permission and copyright notice.
Authors are expected to obtain permission from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. The Proceedings will not be held accountable for any copyright infringement caused by the authors.
The content offered in the Proceedings remains the intellectual property of the authors and their publishers respectively. University “Goce Delcev”- Shtip, R. Macedonia reserves the right to promote and re-publish the texts.