Call for Papers for BSSR Vol.17
CALL FOR PAPERS
Balkan Social Science Review Volume 17
Dear colleagues and researchers
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the 17th issue of Balkan Social Science Review (BSSR). BSSR is an international scientific journal established by the Faculty of Law, Goce Delchev University in Shtip, Republic of North Macedonia. The journal is indexed in the following databases: SCOPUS, HeinOnline, EBSCO, CEEOL and Index Copernicus. Please find all information on our homepage, http://js.ugd.edu.mk/index.php/BSSR/index.
Scope of the Journal
The BSSR aims to contribute to the research on Political Science, International Relations, Law, Sociology (Political Sociology, Sociology of Law, Sociology of Ethnic Groups and Demography), Public Administration, and Media and Communication concerning the Balkans as well as the correlations and comparison between the Balkans and other countries in the world. BSSR welcomes research and review articles on aspects of the social sciences seen within the Balkan context and/or international context, including all interdisciplinary studies within the scope of the Journal.
The Journal does not favor one approach over another, rather encourages the use of appropriate social science approaches for the given topic or paper. The BSSR urges potential authors to consider a wide range of important policy discussions, arguments, practices, methodologies, and theories, in areas including the main scope of this Journal which is on several areas of Social Sciences.
All submissions should be based on original research or new interpretations and should reflect the highest standards of scholarship. With every submission the editors assume that the authors are familiar with the Journal’s PEMS, as available on the following link http://js.ugd.edu.mk/public/dokumenti/bssr. With regards to our PEMS, it is required that the Author’s Statement be sent to the editors alongside the suggested paper.
Offered articles and book reviews should be sent to email@example.com or submitted through our platform only when there is open call for paper, otherwise the submission is not considered to be valid. All submitted manuscripts should contain author's name and affiliation, email, the title, abstract (150-300 words), key words, body of the text, and bibliography. Quotation style is APA and footnotes are permitted when this style cannot be used for certain resources. Authors should send their papers in the English language only, in accordance with the Author Guidelines. The preferable length of the papers is a minimum of 6,000 words and maximum of 8, 500 words.
All submissions based on this call for papers will be subject to the following reviewing process that is presented in chronological order:
- Initial screening of the paper is conducted by the editors of the Journal. Please be advised that paper may be rejected by the editors before sending the paper for full peer review due to one or several of the following reasons:
- It fails the technical screening which includes elements that are suspected to be plagiarized, the manuscript is not complete, the figures are not complete or clear enough, the article does not conform to the Author’s Guideline of the Journal
- the paper does not fall within the aims and scope of the Journal
- the procedure and / or the analysis of the data is seen to be defective
- it is incomprehensive in terms of language, structure, or figures
- the paper is not of interest to the readers of the Journal
- the paper lacks usage of relevant literature
- the submission in not consisted with the current Journals’ policy.
- Proofreading review of the paper which is provided by native English speaker that also has the competences to evaluate the paper from methodological aspect and suggest improvements for our authors.
- based on the opinions of the proofreading reviewer, the editors may reach the decision to reject the paper in this phase of the reviewing process, due to the following reason: the English language does not meet the criteria of the Journal.
- Full peer review process that involves two independent reviewers that have expertise in the field of the subject of the paper. The Journal uses double-blind reviewing process. The evaluation of the paper provided by the reviewers is given in a form available in our published PEMS. Based on the two reviews, the editors are responsible for the decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles.
The editors’ decision is final. Please be advised that the editors are committed to providing the balance in each issue with regards the base of the scope of the Journal and country origin of the authors as well as to give priority to papers qualified as original papers after the peer review process.
Timeline for the Volume 17:
- Deadline for submitting manuscripts is May 1, 2021.
- Acceptance and peer reviews by June 1, 2021.
- Final version submission June 15, 2021.
- Electronic version publication June 25, 2021.
- Printed version publication September 25, 2021.
Fees and other charges:
Submitting and publishing papers in BSSR for Vol. 17 is completely free of any charge for the authors.
Balkan Social Science Review
Jovan Ananiev PhD, Editor in Chief,
Professor at the Faculty of Law, University “Goce Delcev”- Shtip, Republic of N. Macedonia
Marija Ampovska, PhD, Managing Editor
Associate professor at the Faculty of Law, University “Goce Delcev”- Shtip, Republic of N. Macedonia